- Do you see cyber security as a game-changer?
- Does working for a family-centric organization based in a small-town environment appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God-given resources inspiring?
Then Texas Precious Metals is for you!
Cyber Security will be responsible for ensuring the security of Texas Precious Metals information systems and data. This role will require an understanding of full stack cybersecurity technologies, practices, policies, and procedures, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with staff across the organization.
Position Responsibilities: (including but not limited to):
- Develop, implement and/or maintain cybersecurity policies and procedures to ensure the protection of the company’s information assets.
- Identify and analyze security risks and vulnerabilities in the company’s information systems and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Implement and maintain security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption software.
- Monitor network activity and investigate security breaches and incidents.
- Manage the company’s security infrastructure and ensure that it is up to date and effective.
- Collaborate with the Learning and Development team to create, promote and/or implement training programs to educate employees about cybersecurity risks and best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that security measures are integrated into new projects and initiatives.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and developments in cybersecurity and recommend improvements to the company’s security posture.
- Manage relationships with third-party security vendors and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in cybersecurity.
- Experience working in a heterogenous environment with multiple subsidiaries and complex network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, encryption, and threat analysis.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience with regulatory compliance frameworks such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS preferred.
- Certification in a relevant cybersecurity field, such as CISSP, CISM, or CEH, preferred.
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Lifting of 40 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
- Typically, inside a climate-controlled office and is required to occasionally move from office to manufacturing areas and outdoors to perform duties
- May be exposed to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side shields on glasses and closed toe shoes are mandatory.