The IT Security Lead will be responsible for ensuring the security of the Kaspar Companies’ and subsidiaries’ information systems and data. This role will require an understanding of full stack cybersecurity technologies, practices, policies and procedures, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with staff across the organization.
- Develop, implement and/or maintain cybersecurity policies and procedures to ensure the protection of the company’s information assets.
- Identify and analyze security risks and vulnerabilities in the company’s information systems and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Implement and maintain security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption software.
- Monitor network activity and investigate security breaches and incidents.
- Manage the company’s security infrastructure and ensure that it is up to date and effective.
- Collaborate with the Learning and Development team to create, promote and/or implement training programs to educate employees about cybersecurity risks and best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that security measures are integrated into new projects and initiatives.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and developments in cybersecurity and recommend improvements to the company’s security posture.
- Manage relationships with third-party security vendors and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in cybersecurity.
- Experience working in a heterogenous environment with multiple subsidiaries and complex network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, encryption, and threat analysis.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience with regulatory compliance frameworks such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS preferred.
- Certification in a relevant cybersecurity field, such as CISSP, CISM, or CEH, preferred.
- Lifting of 40 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Extended periods of sitting (33% – 75% of time)
- Typically, inside a climate-controlled office but will occasionally move from office to manufacturing areas and outdoors to perform duties.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side shields on glasses and closed toe shoes are mandatory.