- Are you yearning for a fulfilling experience in continuous improvement and leading with respect?
- Does working for a family-centric organization based in a small town environment appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God-given resources inspiring?
Then Kaspar Companies is for you!
The Director of Operations is responsible for administering, managing and directing the production, supply chain, lean manufacturing/engineering, procurement, metal working, stamping, forming, CNC machining and customer service departments. The position establishes goals, objectives, operating procedures/processes, automation, product development and management systems in support of corporate business strategies and plans. The position has direct accountability and responsibility for achieving product manufacturing profitability based upon meeting or exceeding cost standards and estimates.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Drive the manufacturing strategy to meet or exceed both customer and company requirements and standards
- Responsible for directing and coordinating all activities and operations for the manufacturing facilities
- Build a high performance culture that promotes engagement, participation, teamwork, and accountability
- Drive implementation of formal quality control systems
- Manage processes to meet or exceed quality performance and on-time delivery objectives
- Lead and build a team to manage all aspects related to order fulfillment including personnel planning and scheduling, productivity, continuous improvement, quality, business processes and cost controls
- Ensure all operations effectively and efficiently plan, produce, and ship goods which meet customer expectations for shipping on-schedule, within quality standards and cost objectives
- Assist in establishing and overseeing methods and processes that assure timely, cost effective, and comprehensive transitions from the product design and development processes to manufacturing
- Direct and monitor department managers/leads to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures
- Assure manufacturing and continuous improvement principles are used within the facility to drive improvements
- Analyze, assess, plan and manage human resources and manage the performance and development of direct reports
- Participate in business development and customer service issues
- Responsible for departmental organizational structure planning and staffing
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Develop staff to manage in accordance with company culture, values and expectations, and work to build effective hiring and training practices within the operations. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate
- Act as liaison between department managers/subordinate levels as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations as well as quality certifications
- Analyze, assess and manage plant capital resources. Direct department activity to ensure effective preventative maintenance program exist to minimize downtime and production costs
- Assist with identifying, budgeting and implementing new technology in plant operations
- Participate in selected Board meetings.
- Travel up to 25% required
- All other duties assigned by management
- Financial management, technical capacity, performance management, business acumen, communication proficiency, ethical conduct, leadership, problem solving/analysis and strategic thinking required.
- BA/BS in engineering required, MBA preferred
- 7 years’ experience in manufacturing, operations management
- Proven, successful experience and management utilizing ERP/MRP planning & scheduling systems
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principle
- Experience, training or certifications in Lean enterprise manufacturing and 5S
- Six sigma training or certifications preferred
- Must possess 5 year driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Standing, walking and sitting required up to 10 hours per day (67-100%)
- Hand and foot usage required up to 10 hours per day (67-100%)
- Climbing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and twisting required occasionally (0-33%)
- Frequent lifting and moving up to 25 pounds (0-33%)
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Loud Environments
- Extreme heat or cold (weather-related)
- Wet or humid conditions (weather-related)
- Fumes from equipment or airborne particles