Prepares accurate quotes for pricing and builds estimates for special items by gathering information and analyzing material and job costing.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Analyze and interpret customer requirements for projects.
- Analyze labor, material, and time requirements for projects or jobs.
- Estimate costs by looking at an entire project.
- Prepare reports detailing all to the costs going into a project.
- Create bills of material
- Maintain information in ERP system
- Maintains cost variance worksheet, department worksheet, cost roll-up worksheet and performs cost roll-ups when required.
- Research and reviews cost discrepancies – variance, item master material variances and lot sizes
- Runs various reports.
- Runs BOM and job BOM processors.
- Resolves discrepancies with floor operators and communicates with all departments.
- Work with sales and customer service teams to prepare proposals as needed.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Work well on a team or independently
- Ability to understand technical drawings and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats.
- Analytical and Math skills
- Basic computer software skills (MS Office, Outlook, etc.…)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral forms.
- Detail oriented individual
- Ability to maintain a clean and neat work environment.
- High School diploma or GED required; College degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc…) and ERP software system preferred.
- Must possess 5-year driving record with clear history for the past three years.
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Lifting of 25 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
- Typically, inside a climate-controlled office and is required to occasionally move from office to manufacturing areas and outdoors to perform duties.
Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side