The Finishing leader actively leads team members in execution of the daily production plan, adherence to the quality standards and safety requirements while cultivating a Lean culture and customer centric focus. A highly successful leader is one trained and experienced in process improvement and actively participates in kaizen events and the execution of standard work. The leader will perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to, supervising day-to-day operations, production planning, maintenance and quality diagnostics, and personnel development.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Lead the production team to drive outstanding results in the areas of safety, delivery, quality, and continuous improvement.
• Maintain a customer focused quality program from product receipt through shipping.
• Drive productivity improvement by waste reduction, through critical and analytical thinking.
• Participate in the production planning process and ensure team is properly equipped to meet goals.
• Performs in a hybrid role of operational leader, continuous improvement leader, and coach.
• Understands and executes company processes and systems.
• Manage and plan personnel level-loading through all production functions.
• Manage the business utilizing a LDM approach and system
• Participate in a minimum of 1 Kaizen annually.
• All other duties assigned by management
• Experience with Lean thinking, tools, and execution
• Chemical and powder coat experience
• Shipping and packaging knowledge and experience
• Decisive problem solving and decision-making ability
• Root cause analysis
• Mechanically inclined
• Vendor and inventory management
• Proficient on Microsoft Office Applications
• High School Diploma
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Team oriented and able to motivate others.