The Supervisor actively participates in and leads team members to execute the daily production plan, meet quality and safety standards. The Supervisor is trained in process improvement and actively participates in improvement through kaizen events and the execution of standard work. The Supervisor performs a variety of processes including, but not limited to supervising employees, maintenance and quality diagnostics, and direct labor work.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Leads the production team to drive outstanding results in the areas of safety, delivery, quality, and continuous improvement.
· Plans fabrication work, by machine, and follow-up with operators to ensure safety, customer, quality and productivity goals are met each day.
· Performs in a hybrid role of operational leader, continuous improvement leader, and fabrication operator, actively participating in each task daily.
· Understands and executes company processes (i.e. attendance, safety, etc.)
· Potential to move to other areas or larger responsibilities based upon performance.
· Participate in a minimum of 1 Kaizen annually.
· All other duties assigned by management
· Metal working industry experience preferred
· Experience in and ERP environment
· Proficient on Microsoft Office Applications
· High School Diploma
· Ability to read blueprints
· Previous supervisory experience preferred
· Team oriented and able to motivate others.
· Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
· Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
· Lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
Work Environment (this position requires that the employee be able to work in and around the following elements):
· Indoors and Outdoors
· Loud Environments
· Extreme heat or cold (weather-related)
· Wet or humid conditions (weather-related)
· Fumes from equipment or airborne particles