- Are you a problem solver who enjoys using science to develop creative practical solutions?
- Does working for a family-centric organization based in a small-town environment appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God-given resources inspiring?
Then Kaspar Companies is for you!
The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for creating more effective ways to improve manufacturing capabilities and capacity.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist manufacturing in increasing FTE by reducing touch time, integrating automation, implementing quality at the source, and developing standard operating procedures
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in the process.
- Utilize metal fabrication, welding, and other expertise to implement mistake proofing control methods to increase quality, productivity and reduce costs of manufacturing
- Work closely with design engineering to ensure new products are designed for manufacturability
- Create SOPs for all critical equipment along with manufacturing processes
- Implement safety opportunities on machinery and equipment.
- Support equipment acquisition, installation, and maintenance by coordinating with internal maintenance and external vendors
- Participate in GEMBA walks and kaizen events
- Identify waste in production cells that can be improved upon to meet required TAKT time.
- All other duties assigned by management
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
- Experience implementing lean work cells in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to optimize fabrication equipment, tool design experience
- Experience with turret punch presses, press brakes, tube bender, laser cutting, and welding automation a plus.
- Must have superb problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategic projects
- Must have high aptitude for mechanics
- Ability to work closely with department supervision and production workers
- BS in Engineering (industrial or mechanical preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Lean Trained – certification a plus
- Metal working industry experience
- Experience in SolidWorks and with CAM software such as Master CAM, AP100US, FabriWin, BendPro, ProNest, Steel Solutions
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc…) proficiency required
- Must possess current and valid driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Lifting of up to 25 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
- Frequent work in a manufacturing environment where the use of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as eye protection, hearing protection and safety shoes is mandatory