The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for creating more effective ways to improve manufacturing capabilities and capacity.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Assist manufacturing in increasing FTE by reducing touch time, integrating automation, implementing quality at the source, and developing standard operating procedures
• Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in the process.
• Utilize metal fabrication, welding, and other expertise to implement mistake proofing control methods to increase quality, productivity and reduce costs of manufacturing
• Work closely with design engineering to ensure new products are designed for manufacturability
• Create SOPs for all critical equipment along with manufacturing processes
• Implement safety opportunities on machinery and equipment.
• Support equipment acquisition, installation, and maintenance by coordinating with internal maintenance and external vendors
• Participate in GEMBA walks and kaizen events
• Identify waste in production cells that can be improved upon to meet required TAKT time.
• All other duties assigned by management
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
• Experience implementing lean work cells in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to optimize fabrication equipment, tool design experience
• Experience with turret punch presses, press brakes, tube bender, laser cutting, and welding automation a plus.
• Must have superb problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategic projects
• Must have high aptitude for mechanics
• Ability to work closely with department supervision and production workers
• BS in Engineering (industrial or mechanical preferred)
• 2+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
• Lean Trained – certification a plus
• Metal working industry experience
• Experience in SolidWorks and with CAM software such as Master CAM, AP100US, FabriWin, BendPro, ProNest, Steel Solutions
• MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc…) proficiency required
• Must possess current and valid driving record with clear history for the past three years