The Outside Sales position is responsible for generating and increasing sales of Bedrock Truck Beds and other manufactured products for Bedrock Truck Beds in the assigned region. This ideal candidate will have a lean business background, and will be focused on safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and costs while simultaneously acquiring and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of products and services offered by company, and an in-depth knowledge of the industry including the competitors in the truck bed space.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop, implement, and execute a sales plan that is aligned with the communicated corporate objectives for existing and new customers, access their needs and opportunities for growth, and attain sales goals outlined in the sales plan and approved by VP of Sales.
- Analyze and assess customer needs and industry/ sales trends. Plan sales activity based on business needs to ensure that the business attains or exceeds the KPI’s and strategic objectives.
- Identify, build, and maintain strategic relationships throughout the sales channel. Maintain regular contact with strategic accounts to develop and implement strategies to convert opportunities to sales.
- Establish and maintain a travel schedule that provide consistent face to face interaction with established accounts. Travel up to 80% of the time and includes overnight travel, the schedule must be aligned with the sales strategy, and follow a logical routing plan.
- Manage the assigned accounts/territory and segments within the planned budget.
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner, including expense reports, daily sales call reports, and other assignments set forth by management.
- Work with manufacturer representatives as needed.
- Participate in all trade shows, promotional events, and company meetings as needed.
- Be budget minded and able to make sound financial decisions as required in the day-to-day operations for the job.
- All other duties assigned by management
- Persuasive speaking and formal presentation skills are required to sell and close deals
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
- Strong presentation skills
- Active listening, attention to detail, planning and organizational skills required
- Ability to digest, to comprehend and verbalize complex data and product information related to the business.
- Must be able to work autonomously, be a self-starter, and be highly motivated and success driven.
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven forecasting and customer service skills
- Proven track record of developing business strategy and progress tracking
- Strong follow up and follow through skills.
- Intermediate math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) required
- Basic software program skills using MS Office and MS Outlook required
- Ability to maintain a clean and neat work environment and personal appearance
- Undergraduate degree, plus 3+ years’ experience B2B sales experience required
- Must be currently established in the designated territory
- Must possess current and valid driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Must be willing to use multiple travel methods (drive, fly, taxi, etc…)
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Lifting of 25-50 lbs. occasionally (0% - 33% of time)
- The work environment is field sales based with a home office with regularly scheduled trips to the home office.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side shields on glasses and closed toe shoes are mandatory+
- Overnight travel is required, is predicted by the territory activity, business need.