- Are you an experienced planner capable of production and materials planning for multiple product lines.
- Does working for a family-centric organization based in a small-town environment appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God-given resources inspiring?
Then Kaspar Companies is for you!
The Planner will oversee all production and materials planning for all Kaspar Outdoors’ Iota and Horizon divisions. The Planner is well-versed in lean production procedures and ways to optimize them; is organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. The Planner aids in driving to production goals by providing timely and accurate information to Operations and ensuring that materials are on-hand to execute the plan.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Execute production and materials planning for two divisions
- Plan and prioritize production to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Will report metrics from Horizon and Iota
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Manage inventory and submit purchase requestions to VP of Operations
- Assist with daily cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Collaborate with operations, sales, customer service, purchasing, and other staff as required
- Creates monthly production plan for management review
- Works directly with Operations to provide informational and direct support
- Flexibility required to support multiple shifts
- All other duties as assigned
- Advanced communication and computer skills
- Extremely proficient utilization of MRP/ERP programs (current system is Syteline) and MS Office
- Must be versatile and capable of providing planning detail to multiple departments
- Must show grit through adversity with a “mission first” attitude
- Critical thinker capable of adaptability and reasoning, willing to compromise to reach organizational goals
- Systems driven with advanced analytical and problem-solving skillset
- Proven experience as materials and production planner
- Production Control experience a plus
- Excellent communication abilities
- Some college coursework preferred
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing a plus
- Typically, inside a climate-controlled office and is required to occasionally move from office to manufacturing areas and outdoors to perform duties
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side shields on glasses and safety toe shoes are mandatory