- Do you enjoy leading and developing talented individuals in an innovative manufacturing environment?
- Does working for a family‐centric organization appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God‐given resources inspiring?
Then Kaspar Outdoors is for you!
The goal of this position is to manage production operations for Kaspar Outdoors over our College Station location. Responsibilities will include integrating LEAN manufacturing principles and daily management tools into current operations. The preferred candidate would have experience in faced paced highly variable environments. The Manager will be responsible for leading and developing current and future staff members. They will be responsible for managing respective departments and the department leads. Experience in the outdoor industry is preferred.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage production throughput
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls, text messages to company phone, and email
- Communicate position expectations for performance each business day, to every employee. Follows-up on job performance with every employee, every hour or every day
- Coach, develop, assess and provide feedback to all associates in order to advance the Kaspar Outdoors business through its people
- Develop and implement systems, constantly evaluating systems in place for efficiency and effectiveness, and adjust when necessary
- Provide oversight to various departments
- Operate within a Lean philosophy company participating in and contributing to strategic deployment processes and lean daily management
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve best practices and processes
- Recruit, coach, develop and advance employees to attain and exceed company standards for performance.
- Execute on Leader Standard Work
- Pre-Shift Check-in with Frontline Leaders
- Attend Start and Mid-Shift Huddle Meetings at least once weekly
- Participate in Lean Daily Management (LDM) Walk along with other leaders and support staff
- Address escalations from Frontline Leaders
- Audit Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Boards
- Complete Consolidated End-of-Shift Report
- Facilitate the development of next shift’s plan
- Ensure weekly Waste Walks are completed
- Ensure all team members complete weekly safety observations
- Submit weekly report to your Leader
- Approve Time Cards
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with your direct reports
- Participate in a minimum of 1 Kaizen annually.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Lean / Six Sigma educational and / or experience
- Leadership experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Process expertise within the functional area of the position.
- Experience in digital manufacturing, including robotics
- 5‐8 years of supervisory experience
- Metal working industry experience
- Experience in and ERP environment and understanding of MS Office suite programs
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% ‐ 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% ‐ 25% of time)
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally (0% ‐ 33% of time)
Work Environment (this position requires that the employee be able to work in and around the following elements):
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Loud Environments
- Extreme heat or cold (weather‐related)
- Wet or humid conditions (weather‐related)
- Fumes from equipment or airborne particles