The Quality Control position is responsible for maintaining quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production and finished products. It is also responsible for recording quality results is appropriate databases and identifying corrective actions for project development.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Approve incoming material by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approve in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to QA/QC Manager.
- Approve finished product by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplish quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Travel up to 5% required
- All other duties assigned by management
- Documentation Skills
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Exposure to manufacturing methods and procedures
- Supports innovation
- CAD understanding
- Team oriented and focused on business benefits
- Lean / Six Sigma Trained – certification a plus
- Metal working industry experience
- Experience in and ERP environment
- Proficient with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc…) and accounting or inventory software required
- Must possess 5 year driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (75%)
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently (25%) and 75 pounds assisted occasionally (0-33%) from one (1) to four (4 ) feet levels
- Must be able to carry 40 pounds occasionally (0-33%) from 10 to 60 feet distances
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (25%)
- Typically inside a climate-controlled office and is required to move from office to manufacturing areas and outdoors to perform duties
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side shields on glasses is mandatory
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking