- Do you see attention to detail and problem solving as a game-changer?
- Does working for a family-centric organization based in a small-town environment appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God-given resources inspiring?
Then Horizon Firearms is for you!
Work as an assistant to Director of Production to build high-end precision rifles while using attention to detail and the ability to problem solve and adapt.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Completion of gunsmithing projects and repairs such as machine, assemble and paint
- Disassembly and organization of customer rifles
- Scheduled machine maintenance
- Shop maintenance
- Assembly of small components
- Hands-on work with firearms
- Travel up to 10% may be required
- All other duties assigned by management
- Willingness to grow in knowledge and skill under the direction of a mentor
- Competent and thorough when completing tasks and managing time
- Must be extremely detailed oriented
- Teammate mentality and positive attitude and personality required
- Ability to build and paint rifles
- High school graduate or GED
- Knowledge of the firearms industry and basic rifle component understanding
- High level of respect for firearms safety
- Mechanically inclined with good manual capabilities and common sense
- Appreciation for the aesthetic and artistic aspect of unique custom firearms
- Background in firearms and interest in the industry and the outdoors preferred
- Must agree to and sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must possess 5 year driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Standing, walking and sitting required up to 10 hours per day (67-100%)
- Hand and foot usage required up to 10 hours per day (67-100%)
- Climbing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and twisting required occasionally (33-66%)
- Frequent lifting and moving up to 50+ pounds (0-33%)
Work Environment (This position requires that the employee be able to work in and around the following elements):
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Loud Environments
- Extreme heat or cold (weather-related)
- Wet or humid conditions (weather-related)
- Fumes from equipment or airborne particles