The Account Manager position is responsible for generating and increasing sales of manufacturing capacity and manufactured products for Kaspar Outdoors. This ideal candidate will have a lean business background, and will be focused on safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and costs while simultaneously maintaining an in-depth knowledge of products and services offered by company.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop and implement a sales plan for existing and new customers, access their needs and opportunities for growth, and attain sales goals outlined in the sales plan and approved by VP of Sales.
- Analyze and assess customer needs and industry/segment sales trends. Plan sales activity based on business needs to ensure that the business attains or exceeds the KPI’s and strategic objectives.
- Identify, build, and maintain strategic relationships throughout the sales channel. Maintain regular contact with accounts to develop and implement strategies to convert opportunities to sales.
- Establish and maintain a travel schedule that provide consistent face to face interaction with established accounts. Travel up to 90% of the time and includes overnight travel, the schedule must be aligned with the sales strategy and follow a logical routing plan.
- Manage the assigned accounts and segments within the expense budget.
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner, including expense reports, daily sales call reports, and other assignments set forth by management.
- Work with manufacturer representatives as needed.
- Participate in all trade shows, promotional events, and company meetings as needed.
- All other duties assigned by management
- Persuasive speaking and formal presentation skills are required to sell and close deals
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
- Active listening, attention to detail, planning and organizational skills required
- Ability to digest, to comprehend and verbalize complex data and product information related to the business.
- Must be able to work autonomously, be a self-starter, and be highly motivated and success driven.
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven forecasting and customer service skills
- Proven track record of developing business strategy and progress tracking
- Strong follow up and follow through skills.
- Intermediate math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) required
- Basic software program skills using MS Office and MS Outlook required
- Ability to maintain a clean and neat work environment and personal appearance
- Undergraduate degree, plus 3+ years’ experience B2B sales experience required
- Must be currently established in the designated territory
- Must possess current and valid driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Must be willing to use multiple travel methods (drive, fly, taxi, etc…)
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Lifting of 25-50 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
- The work environment is field sales based with a home office with regularly scheduled trips to the home office.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment where the use and wear of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses or side shields on glasses and closed toe shoes are mandatory+
- Overnight travel is required, is predicted by the territory activity, business need.