- Do you have a strong background in automation engineering and robotics integration?
- Are you an engineer that is innovative and excels at process optimization?
- Does working for a family-centric organization based in a small-town environment appeal to you?
- Do the values of stewardship, versatility, and family resonate strongly with you?
- Do you find the improvement of people’s lives through stewardship of God-given resources inspiring?
Then Kaspar Outdoors is for you!
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for driving manufacturing automation initiatives and integrating existing robotics systems within the organization. This role requires a strong background in automation engineering, robotics integration, and process optimization. The engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify automation opportunities, develop innovative solutions, and implement efficient automation processes to improve productivity and quality.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Identify opportunities for automation within the manufacturing processes and develop strategic plans for implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess automation needs, evaluate existing processes, and identify areas for improvement.
- Design and develop automation solutions, including the integration of robotics, to optimize manufacturing efficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost analyses to determine the return on investment (ROI) for automation projects.
- Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to select, procure, and integrate automation equipment, robotics systems, and software solutions.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions for automated manufacturing processes.
- Program, configure, and optimize robotic systems to perform specific tasks, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and safety.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting of automation systems to identify and resolve technical issues and optimize performance.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure seamless integration of automation systems into existing production lines.
- Develop and implement robust quality control measures for automated processes, including inspection and testing protocols.
- Train production personnel on the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of automated equipment and robotics systems.
- Monitor and analyze automation system performance, collect, and analyze data, and generate reports to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in automation and robotics integration.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must have superb problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Must have high aptitude for mechanics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data, identify trends, and implement process improvements.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a passion for staying updated with the latest advancements in automation and robotics.
- Familiarity with CAD software for designing automation layouts and equipment interfaces.
- Lean Trained – certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of automation engineering principles, robotics systems, and manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in automation engineering, robotics integration, or a related field.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as PLC, HMI, and robot-specific programming languages (e.g., ABB, Fanuc, KUKA).
- Experience with the integration of robotics systems, including programming, setup, and troubleshooting.
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc…) proficiency required
- Must possess current and valid driving record with clear history for the past three years
- Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% – 75% of time)
- Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% – 25% of time)
- Lifting of up to 25 lbs. occasionally (0% – 33% of time)
- Frequent work in a manufacturing environment where the use of proper protective equipment (PPE) such as eye protection, hearing protection and safety shoes is mandatory.